Some random thoughts on this fine Thursday morning:
1. We're getting eggs! After a few months without them it's wonderful to have eggs again, even if it's only a small amount for now.
2. Last night's dinner was squash soup and bacon popcorn (minus the truffle salt – funny, I didn't have any on hand). In case you're wondering, it was good. Really good. It did make me chuckle just a bit that we were having a candlelight dinner of popcorn though.
3. Now that I've figured out how to do the square part of the granny square (thank you to the nice lady at the yarn store!) my afghan is moving right along. They're like potato chips they are – you can't just make one square. And yes, if you're reading between the lines you might just realize the reason for the popcorn dinner last night. Ahem!
4. I'll be putting my order in for bee supplies this week and it's pretty ridiculous how excited I am to get that box in the mail. Woohoo – a screened bottom board! (See? Exciting!)
5. Watching the bubbles rise as kefir ferments is pretty fun. We've just recently switched to water kefir (as opposed to the milk kefir we were making before) and I'm really loving experimenting with different varieties. Our favourite drinks so far are ginger (tastes like ginger beer) and grape.
6. I've put the first season of The House of Eliott on hold at the library and am looking forward to starting into it next week. This weekend will be full of excitement and I'm sure come Monday evening I'll be ready to curl up on the couch with tea and a movie (and those granny squares, of course).